Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Weekend break

Oh, it's funny how plans change and I'm never one to totally commit to something just in case I change my mind later. Sometimes I feel that my weekends fly by and I don't ever have a chance to relax and unwind.

Last Sunday night I met my parents after work for a glass of wine in Windsor (I was planning on going to the gym but changed my mind!) we had fun and I stayed for about an hour and then headed home to Jason. When I got home Jason was all hyped up to go out to dinner... I kind of wanted to just stay home and watch T.V. but he was being so cute I quickly changed my mind. We finally decided to go to "West County Grill" in Sebastopol because we hadn't been there yet. We had heard from a few people that it wasn't that great but we figured we'd try it out for ourselves. (And since we pretty much go to "Underwood" every week it would be a nice break) We had the best time talking and laughing... but the restaurant?... it was Okay... the service sucked and the food portions were tini tiny, seriously. We ordered a fig salad and it consisted of one fig (cut up in four pieces) a dap of goat cheese and a few sprigs of lettuce all for $9.00 and we also ordered a Heirloom Tomato Salad which consisted of 4 small slices of tomato, olive oil, salt & pepper and basil for $10.00!!!! The place was cute though and they had some interesting wines by the glass so it might be a place that we can go to just have a glass of wine and talk at the bar.

Monday I was supposed to go with Heidi to the races so I got up early, had my coffee and read the news (gossip) and went to the gym. While I was at the gym I kept thinking of ways I could get out of going to the races. It was kind of nasty out, colder than it's been all year with lingering dark clouds and to me being outside at the race track having to socialize and network didn't seem very fun. So I planned my escape!

Heidi had called while I was at the gym so I called her right back and told her how I felt. I was hoping that she wouldn't be too upset since I was bailing out on her at the last minute. She didn't seem to be too upset and said that she was going to go anyway. I told her to call me if she was going back home later and maybe then I'd come by to hang out for a bit.

It's harder now that I live on this side of town (north/west Santa Rosa) to get motivated to go downtown or over to Heidi or my mom's house. We are closer to Sebastopol with way less traffic and we find ourselves electing to stay on this side of the city or further west.

So guess what I did? Nothing! It was so fabulous! I came home and showered and got into my lounging clothes and played on the computer and bothered Jason (no not really, he loved it). I had so much fun. Usually Jason has Monday afternoons to himself so this was a change and we both were having so much fun, talking about the wedding, playing with the cats, etc. I made him Macaroni and Cheese in the crock-pot for dinner. I was really nice to just relax and not have to do anything outside our home.

Heidi did call me later and wanted me to go out and meet up with everyone for a drink waaayyy on the other side of town. I so didn't want to drive 30 minutes (this was during rush hour) to have one drink and then drive 20 minutes back home. I think at this point she was mad at me but she has to understand that I was having fun with Jason at home.

Yesterday I did keep my plans with Eric to go out to a few tasting rooms and we had fun. It ended up being a beautiful day and we met a lot of nice people and tasted a lot of nice wines.

All and all it was a nice relaxing weekend and I was able to spend a lot of time with Jason.

So here I am back at work... it's going to be a long week too because I'm working an event on Monday and Tuesday night (my days off) but it’ll be fun too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a niiiiice Monday. :)

Daws

Anonymous said...

Does Heidi read your blog?

Oh and I never got the Oscar pictures! And aren't you going to blog about that too?

MORE BLOGGING! MOOOOORE!

:)

~~Annie (AND POST PICKTURES! heh)

Kela said...

I think we've created a monster - Annie - is SOO EXCITED about the blogs. ;)

Sounds like a lovely day! Those mellow days are needed sometimes, and when they are - they are the BEST!

I'll be ready for one myself soon!

Much Love,
Kela