Thursday, August 30, 2007

Healdsburg is Hot!

Back at work and it's friggin' hot out! Especially up here in Healdsburg... well it's supposed to cool down in the next few days so I hope! No more 3-day weekends for me... I really can't handle being away that long from work during this time of year... winter on the other hand... I could be off for weeks at a time!

So Heidi and I checked out that restaurant (I still don't know the name of it) and well it's nice if your a hungry guy who's just finished golfing and need something warm and quick. We decided not to eat there once we saw the menu it's more of a cafeteria style restaurant. But Sheri did buy us a few glasses of wine and we sat at the bar which was nice.

We were starving so we went back to our favorite new restaurant Rosso! I especially love this restaurant because they never close during lunch and dinner so you know you can come at anytime during the day and get served. It was almost 2:30 and we both hadn't eaten a single thing! We ordered the grilled artichoke, fried calamari and veggies and split a salad. Oh, and had a couple glasses of wine of course! We stayed there for a few hours and then went back to her house and hung out with her husband for a bit before I headed back home.

Jason's youngest brother, Gregg, decided to come into town (he needs to check out the Humboldt area 4 hours north of us) and will be here late tomorrow night. He'll stay with us through Sunday morning and then head off north with their other brother, Marc. It'll be fun to visit with him since we last saw him a few months ago on our road trip. He and his wife, Lindsay, live in Flagstaff, AZ. So we'll have a pretty busy weekend/week... every night but tonight.

Tomorrow we are going to meet with Joel and Audra at the Starlight Wine Bar in Sebastopol. I've mentioned that they are getting married on September 15th... they got engaged about one week after me and Jason. I'm dying to know how the wedding is coming along! I don't know how they are doing it! We are now down to 9 months and we have so so so much to do/decide.

Then Gregg will be in town and I'm sure we'll BBQ at our house Saturday night. Then my parent's Labor Day party is on Sunday night, and then our friends (John and Casey) are having a catered luncheon on Monday.

And then just a few days to unwind before my future in-laws come into town! They will be here the 8-10 of September. I don't want to go any further than that... I'm too scared to look at the calendar. lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O_o

I'm too scared to look at the calender too. Ry and Kela's wedding is only a few weeks away! AAAA! And right after that is our wedding anniv. and after that is the Harvest Fair, then Thanksgiving is going to hit us in the face, then Christmas and then your aunt is getting married and then YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED AND AAIIIIEEE! head asplodes

;-P

And I have to call Marsha right NOW! I've been so darned busy and I want to invite them over and such. :)

And I love Rossos too! Daws HAS to go! :) He'll love it!

~~Annie

Kela said...

Yeah were is this Rossos? 23 days and counting til our wedding! WHOO!

I'll blog soon with updates!

P.s - No heads exploding, ok? HA HA

Love,
Kela