Thursday, August 23, 2007

Three day weekends!!!

Ahhhhh.... I had the best best best three day weekend!!!

Well not to start though because Jason was out of town until Tuesday and I missed him terribly. He missed me too and told me that he would never leave me again! I told him that I'm sure he'll change his mind in a week. :)

So on Monday I cleaned the whole house top to bottom. It was easy without Jason there and I got it all done in about 3 hours. So now I had my whole weekend left without chores! That afternoon I met up with Heidi at Ru's house and we layed out and swam. It was so fun to just lay around and relax and "girl" talk. Jason was driving back from Oregon and had been on the road for about 7 hours when he got to Eureka and originally wanted to make the rest of the trip that afternoon but he was too exhausted so he decided to stay. So I was on my own again for dinner! Since I knew he was so much closer to being home, I enjoyed my last night by myself and caught up on all my shows, listened to music and had wine.

Jason got home around noon on Tuesday and it was funny because I think the cats could sense it because they were sitting on the couch with me while I was reading and they just stared at the door... too cute! We were starving and wanted to go out to eat so we decided to try this new Thai restaurant that we've been hearing is so great. Sea Bistro is in Montgomery Village where East West Cafe used to be and it was so delicious!! They did a great job at refurbishing the place and the food was so fresh and flavorful. I can't wait to go back. I then offered to buy us a glass of wine across the street at Monti's which we then went and did (Monti's is where we went on our first date) and then we decided to go see a movie. We went and saw "SuperBad" it was okay... kind of funny but there are so many movies just like it that I've seen before so the plot isn't too original.

After the movie (we were in Sebastopol) we walked across the street and went shopping at Whole Foods for dinner. Jason BBQ'ed chicken and made Spanish Rice and I made a salad and we hung out talked and listened to music. Usually by now I'm sad because my weekend is over and I know that I'll have to get up early in the morning but not this time! So I tried to stay up and party (my parting = watching tv) after Jason went to bed but I fell asleep on the couch.

Heidi and I had plans Wednesday to go check out another new restaurant, Rosso, and we weren't meeting till 1:00 so I planned on going to the gym. But when I put on my tennis shoes and walked around I realized I couldn't go because of last week when I was working as the glass server at the event I ruined the back of my heels from these STUPID (but really cute!) shoes I was wearing. I wasn't even wearing high heels... I was wearing flats (mean horrible flats) they were leather and I haven't worn them that often so they cut up the back of my heels to the point where I couldn't walk... anyway it's been over a week! and I still can't put on regular shoes. I've just been wearing flip flops. Sigh

What to do now?? I had about 3 hours... so I decided to go shopping!! I went to Target, Old Navy, the mall, etc. I got my ring cleaned at the jewelers for the first time since Jason gave it to me and it's so sparkly! I can't believe I went that long without it getting cleaned. I have not once taken my ring off since Jason put it on my finger so I did have to take it off for two minutes to have it cleaned but it was well worth it. I know I'll get over that after we are married... I just have that tinsy winsy superstition of taking off my ring.

So by now it's almost 1:00 so I head home, change and then meet Heidi. This new restaurant is where Anthony's Club used to be... or the Music Box (my parents generation) used to be, right off Montgomery, across from the hospital. Anyway it is the cutest restaurant ever! They make oven roasted pizza's, salads, pastas... great wine list! Very affordable! So we sat at the bar and shared a bottle of wine, grilled artichokes and salads. An older gentleman (probably in his 70's) sitting at the bar bought our bottle of wine. So sweet! I told Heidi that we are still young enough for people to buy us drinks! :) My mom came by and met us there and we had some more wine and chatted and then another friend of ours (Allen) stopped in randomly to check out the restaurant too and so we kept sitting there having wine and talking. Heidi ended up leaving to go up to Ru's to go swimming because Charlie (her husband) was out there working on Ru's property. It was so hot out yesterday and as much as I loved hanging out at this restaurant I soon followed, went home changed and went back out to Ru's to go swimming with them.
I stayed in the pool as long as I could before I started turning into a prune. It was really refreshing.

It was now about 6:30 so I left, went to the store to get stuff for dinner and then waited for Jason to get home. We had a nice night together and now I'm back here at work!

Work is going great because I'm super busy with all the boys here... we are bottling our Syrah and next week our Zinfandel so it's crazy hectic around here. I'm normally by myself so it's a different vibe.

Jason and I don't have a life until October. We are busy EVERY single weekend for the next month and a half. Plus I've actually planned 3 meetings with potential caterers in the next few weeks, the first one tomorrow evening. Jason is grumbling about it but he's the one who said he wanted to be there to try the food in the first place! He said "I want to be in charge of the food and music" But so far it's been all up to me! ... lol So he can't back out. ;)

I'll post Saturday about our first meeting/tasting... this is the most expensive caterer so far so the food better be great!

Oh and I still get another three day weekend next week! I wonder what kind of trouble I'll get in this time? ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still superstitious about taking my wedding ring off and it's been almost 7 years, lol! Last time they cleaned it, I was very sad the whole time.

Glad you had a great weekend! And don't forget to invite us should Ru ever want more company at her pool! (hint hint) :)

~~Annie

Kela said...

and I'm the total oposite - I take my ring off everytime I wash my hands, and when I'm sleeping. I'm afraid not to! Plus I've never had my ring cleaned... perhaps I should.. it isn't looking as shiney and sparkely as I remember.

I'd be down for some pooling as well! (hint hint) :D

Sounds like a seriously awesome weekend. Can't wait to see you this weekend! MY BRIDAL SHOWER!

SO sleepy - will blog soon! YOU BEST COMMENT!

LOVE YOU!
-Kela