Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Pilot Light

Yesterday our house decided to fall apart... well it has been for some time but yesterday it really got to me. First Jason told me that he didn't get much warm water when he took a shower so I didn't think too much of it at first but after I came home from the gym and had to take and ice cold shower I knew something was up.

Then when I came back home from the grocery store I couldn't get into the front door. I think from the house settling it's leaning to the side where the front door is. I was kicking and yelling at the door in frustration... like that's going to get me anywhere... lol I was finally able to get in after about 5 minutes!

When Jason came home he looked at the water heater and saw that the pilot light was out. He had to turn off the water the other day to fix the piping in the shower (which he did so well!) and so that automatically turned off the pilot light which we weren't aware of. We both had never lit the pilot light before and we were scared. He had to go back to work so I tried to get some guy (Charlie/Ryan/Daws) over here to light it for us. Everyone I talked to said "Oh, it's so easy, just make sure that there's no gas coming out when you light it." Yeah! so you don't blow up! Everyone was busy (my brother was just lazy) to come by so Jason said that he would do it when he got off work. I told him that I'd help him and if he was going to get blown up I would to with him. ;)

Jason came home and I helped him with the flash light and we lit it!!! I really was so easy... I could do it now without being scared. I'm glad we did it ourselves because now we know! :)

So next is getting the door fixed, it's so bad that we could leave it unlocked and people still couldn't break in.

But for now I'm going to meet Heidi and we are going to go check out yet another new restaurant for lunch. I don't even know the name of it but it's in the Bennett Valley Golf Course and our friend Sheri runs it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun! LOL at the hot water heater! We were scared the first time too; it's a scary thing! But it is easy.

But I'm still scared.

Let me know how the restaurant was!

~~Annie

Kela said...

Ryan had his reason - but he's still a bit lazy. I know the feeling - none of the doors on my car work correctly! DRIVES ME NUTS. The back right door is broken from the inside - so you can't get out, but you can get in. The back left door is broken from the outside so you can get out but you can't get in, and the trunk only opens by the latch in the front seat, and the front seats doors only open SOMETIMES with the keys! AHHHH! Ryan swears he'll fix it - but with him broken and money tight - who knows when that will happen!

GOOD LUCK SWEETIE!

Love,
Kela