Sunday, August 5, 2007

Thunder

It's Sunday and I'm actually happy to be here at work because I left Mister Cranky Pants at home. From the moment we woke up this morning I could tell Jason was going to be in a not-so-good mood. Last night though was great! We BBQ'd halibut, zucchini and squash and I made a salad. We listened to Jazz, had the candles going and we decanted a bottle of Oregon Pinot. It was very romantic! Even Captin a.k.a "Thunder" was enjoying the moment.

Here he is sprawled out on the couch while we eat dinner:




Jason just started calling him "Thunder" as you can probably tell in these pics Captin is huge! He is also called "The Tank" sometimes. He's getting older and more cranky these days. If he's outside and we ask him to come in he will meow very angrily at us and even this morning we pushed --- no pulled him, as he hung on for dear life to the comforter, off the bed and he yelled at us. Between him and his brother Cajun it's hard to sleep when they are both on the bed. Captin usually sleeps in his cat bed in our room but if one of us wakes up and Captin hears he'll jump up on the bed and crawl right in between us and nestle in. We can't move because all his weight is on the comforter so we get stuck in one position. Then Cajun comes up from the end of the bed and wants to snuggle with everyone and that then turns into the two of them fighting over our attention. No more sleeping! I guess it's preparing us for when we have kids!

Here are the two monkey's up in my office:



Jason has today off and I left him with a lot of projects to do. First though he went to get the newspaper and some sausages for breakfast and I could hear him trying to start the car and after a few trys it started up. It just started doing this yesterday (not wanting to start) and he thought he had the problem fixed last night but it looks like he'll have to take it into the shop. He just put a ton of money into it a few months ago so this really sucks. Especially since he's been complaining about his clothes, I've been telling him to go shopping and he was probably going to this weekend but now with the car problems and not knowing what that'll cost he might not be able to. We are being extremely frugal because of the wedding coming up. Especially now since I just started getting quotes back from the caterers! I could buy a nice car with the quotes they are giving me. This wedding is going to be a lot expensive than I thought...

So when he came back home I had to sadly inform him that the coffee I made was really weak. I didn't realize we were almost out so tried my best but it pretty much tasted like water flavored coffee. He really wanted a good kick of caffeine this morning because all of the projects so I just told him to take a shot of Tequila with the weak coffee and that should work. Hey, at least I made him laugh. As I was getting ready I could hear him banging around in the downstairs bathroom, along with the banging I heard cursing. Great.

I had purchased all new fixtures for both bathrooms and he was trying to install the towel rack and couldn't screw enough into the wall because there was a beam there. He was getting all sorts of cranky and by the time I came downstairs to make some toast he was very frustrated. We had to re-asses the situation of where else it could go and once we did of course it didn't work there either. I was so ready to get out of there and come to my quiet office here at the winery and not listen to him bitch and complain about how shitty his day is.

Of course he's already called twice because the upstairs towel rack is missing an allen wrench. Go to ACE! If the car doesn't start he can just walk it's right down the street.There's nothing I can do up here in Healdsburg. His other project is to finish the rest of the trim and the crown molding in the bedroom which will be a pain in the ass.

I'm planning on going to the gym tonight and so I hope by the time I get home he's having a beer and relaxing on the couch in a better mood. I totally don't blame him, I would feel the same way if I were him. I'm just trying to be as nice and supportive as I can.

This also means that he most likely won't be coming to the fairgrounds for the last day of the races tomorrow with Heidi and I. I really wanted him to come with us but I have a feeling that he'll be too upset about taking his car into the shop.

Tuesday my friend Eric (he works at Deloach Vineyards) and I are going to do a private tasting at Chalk Hill Winery. Every few months we go out to visit tasting rooms we haven't been to that way we can recommend other places for our customers to go to. So it's sort of work but tons of fun!

Whew! I feel like my weekend will be over in a matter of minutes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Mr. Cranky Pants to chill out. And you might want to dial back on the number of Honeydews you give him each weekend...

Just sayin'

Daws

Laura said...

It's not just the food mom... there's much much more to it. No one coming to the wedding is lifting a finger. I'm not worried about the money it was just a shock that's all.

Laura said...

Jeeze! Daws... this is his project he wants to do. My job is to buy the stuff I like. I told him to take a break.

Anonymous said...

Blogging means you get unsolicited advice.

Mwha-ha-ha. Like a mini TF.

;P

Annie

Kela said...

Yeah... I am having guests lift fingers and having so many friends/family contribute to the wedding stuff. No caterers or photographers or anything and it's still REALLY expensive! It's amamzing how quickly it adds up!

Yeah - tension picks up with weddings lingering - I know that one for sure. You both are really good at communicatating and taking time out for yourselves as well as for the couple as a whole... so I'm sure the tension has already passed! If it purks back up, I'm sure you know not to worry to much!

But it is sure no fun when you have a Sr. Grumpy Pants at home! He visits my home frequently as well, luckily he doesn't stay long. ;)

When are we getting together to talk beverages? Getting axious! 48 days til the wedding!!! AAHHH!~

Leaving for Seattle on Thursday - should be free after I get back Saturday night and forward - no more traveling until HI!

LOTS OF LOVE,
Kela

P.s I know I'm a bit frantic but I'm always around if you wanna chat wedding or if you need help with something!

::hugs and kisses::