Sunday, February 24, 2008

Captin's Toys

Last night Jason and I went to the Dry Creek Kitchen and it was awesome. We had a great table with the whole view of the dining room, a wonderful server and excellent food. The ambiance was so relaxing with the dim lights and candles and we could see the rain through the windows. We tried to spend as much as possible to use up our Gift Certificate but it was hard since the sommelier knew both Jason and I (through our jobs) and bought us desert and the waitress also bought us another desert and my espresso... and they didn't charge us corkage on our Oregon Pinot we brought in. Jason and I think that we've never paid for a desert at a restaurant ever... being in the industry we always seem to know someone and they are always so nice to comp us a cocktail or desert.

So after we came home we went to our separate TVs, mine upstairs in my office and his downstairs. The cats, although they love Jason very much, always follow me wherever I go... I call them my little entourage. So I'm watching TV and Captin is sitting near the basket I keep all their toys in. He's just looking at it sadly, and I realize that he wants the toys at the bottom underneath my 16 bridal magazines. Poor guy... I've been throwing all my magazines in the basket and I didn't even think about how his toys were getting buried underneath. He has a few here and there throughout the house but he really wanted those ones. So I lug out all the magazines and pull out all his toys. Both him and Cajun were in kitty heaven, not knowing what to play with first. Cajun just layed down in the middle of the pile and stayed there while Captin found a few of his "mice" to play with. So here are some pictures of Captin with his toys... and then as the excitement wore off he ended up falling asleep in the pile of toys.






3 comments:

Annie said...

That is one happy kitty! Cappy-CAP CAP! :) Those pictures are adorable, Laura, I love how at the end he just started snoozing, lol! :)

Kela said...

SO precious!!! YAY for kitties!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.