Friday, July 13, 2007

Party, Party!

It looks like Jason and I will have the opportunity to go to another food and wine event tonight. The Sonoma Showcase of Food and Wine is having a benefit/gala at the Kendell-Jackson Wine Center featuring 6 top Sonoma County chefs paring their menus with 6 Sonoma County wineries. There will be a silent auction for our local charities, live music, dancing... and then an after party of chocolate and port pairing, cigar and spirit bar, sparkling and desert wines. Two purchased tickets may not be used so luckily this will be a comp to us otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford it!

This also gives me the chance to dress up and practice our dancing for the wedding! Another plus is that I have tomorrow off, so I can stay up late. I haven't had a random Saturday off in about 4 years (unless it's during our vacations). I manage a winery/tasting room so I have to work every weekend... I'm the only one here... lol so I can't take many days off unless I can get the cellar master to work the tasting room for me. Right now we are just working on our wines and getting them ready for bottling so it's a little easier for him to come in and cover me. But in a few months during harvest if I need a day off (as in the case of my brother's wedding 9/23/07 and my aunt's wedding 10/20/07) I'll just have to have the tasting room closed.

The reason I'm taking tomorrow off is because it's Heidi's 30th birthday party! She is having a pool party at another friend's house. The pool was just custom built within the last few months and just got filled last week. I haven't seen it since it was just a hole in the ground so I'm so excited I know it'll look so beautiful.

There will be a taco truck, margaritas, mojitos, (wine, I'm bringing wine of course), music, swimming, dancing (I'm sure later in the day). Heidi's parents and cousins are coming (who I love and can't wait to see) my parents all our friends, etc. Jason and Marc (Jason's brother) won't be able to come until after work. :( But I told them I will save them some food.

Then I'll need a break! So many things have been going on it's just been non-stop... of course I won't get one. Monday we are all going to the river... that's sometimes trouble. ;) And then my and Heidi's favorite summertime event: Horse Racing at the Sonoma County fairgrounds, which is 3 weeks this year. This event is like a reunion for us, we run into all the people we used to work with at The Villa Restaurant, some people from High School, friends, etc. I'm really looking forward to a corn dog it's my favorite food at the fair and I really deserve one because of all the salads I have only eaten for dinner all month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I forgot the fair is going to be in town! Awesome. I love corn dogs too. I'll see you and J tomorrow at Heidi's party, eh? FUN FUN FUN!

~~Mom