Saturday, July 28, 2007

All a flutter

This morning my mom, Heidi and I went out to the Vine Hill House. Coincidentally they were setting up for a 100 person wedding, same as ours. It got me so excited! I got butterflies in my stomach. I was so happy to have my mom and Heidi see it and walk through the area so now they have the image of what the wedding will be like.

Today was a typical beautiful summer morning... foggy when I woke up but cleared away to blue sky by the time we showed up around 10am. The landscaping around the whole area is beautiful green grass, huge oak trees and planted flowers everywhere. The view from the reception overlooks acres of vineyards and at this time of year the vineyards are all green. So it's so fresh and lush looking.

We couldn't hang around that long because the wedding party was just showing up to get things ready and they were looking at us like "Who the hell are these people?"

But I got a few good pictures in I can reference to when I start planning the set-up and table settings, etc.

Jason is ditching me tonight to go have fun with his friends at a camp site party. His friend Andy throws this weekend party every year out in the Clos du Bois vineyards up in Geyserville. Sleeping in the car, no bathrooms... not really my scene so Jason is off on his own. He had to work today so that's why he's going up tonight instead of last night. They camp out there, BBQ, Jason plays guitar, etc. I think about 30 people go... I went with Jason and Marc for a few hours last year and it was alright. Jason wants me to go but I told him he'd have much more fun without me. He won't have to hear me complain! ;) I'll have fun tonight by myself catching up on my programs! I'll just be sad that he won't be sleeping at home with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures pictures! :)

~~Annie

Laura said...

I want everyone to be in awe... it'll ruin it if everyone sees the place first. :)

Kela said...

Sounds beautiful - sorry to say - but Annie sent me the photos. To make you not feel too bad - I just looked at the previews. :)

Hey where is my blog love?
Did you talk to Jason?

Much Love,
Kela

P.s - good call on the camping trip, doesn't sound like fun to me either! HAVE A GREAT TIME JASON!

Laura said...

Oh, don't worry Kela! I'm sure it doesn't matter too much I just want to try and keep things under wrap until the big day so it's more of a surprise!

Email me your liquor budget and I can work from that... also can you give me a number of people that will be drinking wine or beer? I can estimate how much you'll need.

You haven't blogged recently!

:)