Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Big Bird was shot and killed in our bathroom

Yesterday I had plans to go to the river with Heidi and her mom (Bonnie) for a some girls only bonding time. Fresh and energetic two days after Heidi's party, I made sangria and cut up fresh fruit to take with us.

As I'm getting ready to leave Jason is getting ready to prepare the two bathrooms to be painted.
We have been talking about painting the two bathrooms and the upstairs bedrooms for the last couple of months and we've had the color idea's in our heads but never really decided on a certain shade. But the gist went: Yellow for the bathrooms and a darkish tan/taupe for the bedrooms.
As far as I'm concerned Jason is only preparing the bathrooms to be painted, not actually painting them.

We had so much fun at the river, we were there for about 4 hours and just gossiped and chatted away. It was much needed girl time.

I get home and Jason says that he has painted the upstairs bathroom... I'm really excited because I didn't know that he was going to go so far with all the work. I run upstairs, turn the corner and then was blinded by the yellow piercing glare coming from the bathroom (the paint color Lemon Zest!). I really didn't know what to say except, "Wow... yeah, um, I think I like it but I can't really tell with the blue tape still on the walls." He was very excited and I could tell he wanted more enthusiasm from me but it wasn't what I was expecting so I was shocked a little. I told him that I'd have to see what it looked like when every thing was back in it's place and the tape was off... and then get a feel for it.

So we kept checking in on the color throughout the night, Jason started disliking it more and more as the evening went on. He wasn't sure about it when he first started painting because it was so bright and wanted to wait until I got home to get my opinion but he knew I was going to be gone for so long he just went ahead and did the whole room. He did such a fantastic job, the edges were straight and it looked very professional. But standing in that room with the door shut made us feel like we were in a Brady Bunch episode.

So today I went out and found a much more softer but bright color yellow (Morning Sunlight) and he is going to prime and tape off the bathroom for a second time after work.

So here's a picture of our lemon zested bathroom and you really can't tell by the photo but it's the brightest shade of yellow I've ever seen. I think you can get a tan in there...


Once we paint the new color I'll post a new picture so you can see the difference. I do have to emphasise that Jason worked so hard and did a beautiful job. I didn't even ask him to do this, he wanted to because he knew it would make us both happy.


2 comments:

Kela said...

Wow! THAT IS YELLOW! I'm sure the photo isn't even as extreme - but I can tell! Good Job for the effort Jason... glad you two found a more comforting color!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I am laughing so hard. It does look like a perfect job but yeah, very very yellow. Like the inside of an egg. Or the sun! *grins*

Annie