Thursday, July 12, 2007

Apparently I've already found my dress... according to my fiancé

Last night Jason and I attended a business meeting but in our industry this "business meeting" is tasting wines, having a picnic, watching the sunset and socializing with the folks at Paradise Ridge, yeah real hard work. Jason is the manager at the Bottle Barn (a large retail wine and liquor shop) and every year Paradise Ridge invites the whole crew up to refresh their palates with their yummy wines. (Hmmm, must be some sort of sales pitch?? ;)

I'm tasting and eating away and one of Jason's co-workers starts asking me about the wedding. "So I hear you have everything pretty much together with your plans for the wedding." I nod, smile and say "Yeah, for it only being 10 months away I feel that we are right on track." He replies "That's what Jason said, you have the date, the place and the wedding dress." ??!!?? I start laughing... "what? wedding dress? Oh, no I'm waiting until the fall to go out and wedding dress shop." I'm laughing so hard.

Apparently Jason overheard me showing someone a dress in a magazine and to him that meant that I had found the dress. This is the one thing that he's not involved in so to him he had no idea about the process of going out and trying on dresses, different styles, colors, etc.

What's so funny is that this is coming from the same guy who had insisted that he needs to know the color of Heidi's dress to match his brother's suits. And from the same guy who at once said that he wanted to be in casual attire for the wedding but has now been more recently talking about wearing a suit or tux. He's so adorable.

The wedding is 10 months away... so far, yet so close when I look at what will need to be done. I don't even want to think about any of these things at the moment so we are just trying to enjoy our summer without too much planning . I would like this wedding to be very casual. Let me rephrase: I'm working on having this wedding to be very casual. This is not going to be a very "traditional wedding". We aren't having a "wedding party" just my best friend Heidi and his two brothers standing up at the altar with us. We are going to write our whole ceremony to be read (hopefully) to us by my Uncle who is an ordained minister.

But things change as the days go by (which I've already experienced within the last two months!) so hopefully this will be fun to read as I go back and forth about what I want... no take that back, what we want to do for our wedding.

No comments: