Thursday, March 13, 2008

Guess what's in the mail?

That's a (small) sneak preview... anyway they are done!! I have to say that the post office loves me. I first went to the post office here in Healdsburg to get an invitation weighed so see what stamp I needed to use and the postman praised me for coming in first before just buying stamps and sending them off. Most of the time the invitations are heavier or a different size then regular envelopes. It weighed out at 58 cents. But they didn't have any "pretty" 58 cent stamps there so I had to go down to Windsor's post office, which I did first thing this morning. So again I first took an invitation in with me to make sure that they agreed that it was 58 cents, which it was, and that postman went on and on about how he loved the fact that I knew what I was doing. I probably stopped one of them from going postal!! Okay I know bad joke, I'm just giddy.

It was a great praise to hear after all the hard work (and money) I put into these invitations. Now it's done!! Except I did count the number of RSVP envelopes and stamps and I'm one short... so I think someone might get a RSVP envelope with no stamp. :( Sorry!! Oh and Yvette... if you are reading this, I didn't realize that you have to use your own Australia stamps for return postage so I had to tear off your stamps I had put down on the RSVP envelope so it looks a little messy. Just don't look at it!! ;)

I've made an appointment to get my dress altered later this month and last night I bought a bag to hang my dress in. I hated seeing it in the box it came in. Now it's all wrapped up and waiting.

So my next on going problem are the flower girl dresses. Who knew it would be so difficult? I have never seen more ugly horrible dresses for little girls in my life! And of course the ones I like the best are the most expensive. Last night I went into a bridal store to look at some because so far all I have only been looking online, and my God! they are heavy, thick, scratchy... way worse than bridesmaids dresses. So between Jackie, Marsha and I all emailling and phoning I hope to get this resolved sooner than later. It's hard too because Jackie and the twins live all the way over on the east coast. But I'm sure we'll find them something perfect!

It's supposed to rain the next couple of days... but then get nice and warm by next week. I'm going to start going to the gym up here in Healdsburg so I can layout by the pool and tan... with sunscreen... I do need a little bit of color, especially before going to Hawaii.

2 comments:

Annie said...

It all sounds marvelous and good for you being so organized! YAY! And I'm with you on the dress, I hated seeing you putting it back in that box; it's too beautiful for a box! :(

Can't wait for the invites! Really! WHEEEE!

And when you want company for swimming, just give me a shout and I can meet you. :)

Kela said...

OMG! Its true - flower girl dresses are terrible, and SOO expensive! We lucked out that Sophie was able to borrow hers from a co-worker of my moms... but we took her out shopping a zillion times! LOL!

I can't wait to see your invites! and I cannot wait til your wedding! Its going to be magical!