Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Forever!

I know it's been forever since I last posted... it's like going to the gym, if I don't keep up with it then I slack off and get lazy. I figured since I've been going to the gym more I'm going to blog more!

Anyway its so funny how the brain works, I could probably bet I'm the least stressed about this wedding but my subconscious thinks otherwise. I had another anxiety dream last night about the wedding and it was too funny.

Here's the dream:

First I realize that our wedding is TOMORROW and we are so not prepared. I ask Jason if he hired a band/D.J. etc and he said no (it's his job to decide on the music... I'll get to that later). So we are calling around and no one can do it, we can't even rent speakers and mics so we are SOL. The day of the wedding comes and we are at this hotel getting set up and the caterers aren't there. I call and she tells me that she forgot about the wedding and all she could do at this point is supply milk. There is a party next to us and a pizza company is supplying their food and drinks... they say they can help us out but only give us a few bottles of water and soda. I notice at this point all the guests got into the Champagne and drank it all and bottles are strewn everywhere and some of the guests are drunk.

Heidi and Charlie couldn't make it because the wedding was on Halloween and they had another party to go to so I don't have anyone helping me get ready. For some reason I walk down the isle evaluating the situation and realize everyone has seen me (I'm not in my wedding dress yet) so I hurry and walk back up to my room and I'm limping because I'm only wearing one shoe so I look ridiculous. I see Jason and tell him I'm excited about getting married and he ignores me... lol... so I go up to my room to get ready and I don't have anyone to do my hair and make up and I'm already late... so I find this girl (who I went to high school with, random because I don't talk to her) and she does my hair but puts it all up in these huge pins that are not very flattering... but it doesn't matter because my hair fell out of the pins and was crazy frizzy looking. I realize I don't have time to do my make up so I get dressed and look in the mirror and my dress is this orange wrap ugly ass thing. I'm thinking in my head that I know things will go wrong at weddings, and not the way you exactly planned but this was ridiculous. I know everyone was waiting for me to walk down the aisle and I'm trying to have this girl fix my hair when I see that she has a baby so I thought how cute... I pick up the baby and it spits up all over me and my dress... at that point the only other person there was a 5 year old girl so I ask her to go and get me a glass of champagne and I started thinking this is wrong... I shouldn't ask a child to get me a drink! Oh and Jason and I forgot to write our ceremony/vows so we weren’t sure what we were going to say...

I woke up laughing... I think it's so funny how I trip out about this when first of all the wedding is far away (well 8 months) and second of all everything has been running so smoothly there is nothing to stress about!!

Now on to the real stuff:

We picked our caterer and she was the first one we went and did the tasting with. We really like the way they want to work with us to design the menu and are very flexible and open to our suggestions. The other caterers were more firm about what they want and how they want to present their food... also the caterer we chose said that she will stick to our budget no matter what and so we know we won't be paying anything extra and there are no hidden fees.

Like I mentioned above, Jason is in charge of the music... but I have to do all the research for him... lol We found a DJ that we would like to use that is if we don't get a live band and right now we are (I am) doing research on bands. I contacted Anders Osborne's manager (musician from New Orleans) and they quoted me at 8k plus expenses! Who does he think he is!! ;) So that's a little pricey for us... so sad because both Jas and I love love him! So then I looked into booking James Hunter, he just did a show in Petaluma and Jason went and saw him and said he was fantastic in person and everyone was dancing. So I contacted his manager and he's 20k plus expenses. Now Anders doesn't look so bad. :)

Now I'm contacting more local bands that play around here and if I can find someone good and not too expensive we can hire them for a 1 1-2 hour show and have a DJ do the rest (ceremony, first dance, end of the night dance music, etc.) This will be the last of the contracts if we can get the ball rolling!

Oh, and I meet with our florist last Monday. She was recommended to me by her mom who I ran into while doing a tasting a while ago. I love love love this florist! She was so professional and loved all my ideas I had and I looked through her portfolio and she really does an amazing job. We went through every last detail of what I envision and it's going to be so beautiful! Plus the best news is she's right in our budget! The first time I was excited about seeing a contract!


Dress shopping in just a few weeks!! I can't wait it's going to be the best time... I've been looking through magazines and I still haven't a clue of what style I want. I need to narrow it down before I go so I'm not overwhelmed. I'll be working on that in the next few weeks.

One more thing is that I'm finally getting this minor cosmetic surgery done that I've wanted to do for about 6 years now. The technology is advanced enough now that this procedure which I'll have to go back 4 more times for is quick and painless. I went in for my first visit yesterday and it went so well... I was nervous but now I'm excited because it's so much easier than I thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the orange wedding dress is because you think getting married is like going to prison?

;)

Just kidding,
~~Daws

Anonymous said...

I think the one shoe means you'll be pregnant when you get married.

Shoe = Baby

And the orange dress means you'll have twins.
Just kidding.

(Not really; it's documented DREAM FACT! Look it up!)

hahahah...just adding to your stress for your next dream. *grins*

I thought you'd pick that caterer; nobody else seemed to be as good, I noticed. And I thought you HAD picked out a few dresses you liked???

Can't wait! :) FUN FUN FUN! YAY! Time to do this...ALL OVER AGAIN!

/faints

;-P

Love
Mom

Kela said...

Yeah there was this awful orange brides maid dress Melissa and I loved to make fun of... I'm glad I'm not the only one having strange dreams... I had my first nightmares since I was much younger while we were in Maui... which seemed strange to me! I'm sure you have lots of helpers for the dress shoping and other fun stuff - but let me know if I can be of help with anything! Maybe something crafty, I'm good at that! :D