Tuesday, January 8, 2008

All Wedding, All the time

So... we've really gotten down to business this last week. Now that the holiday's are over Jason is full on with this wedding.
He asked me not to talk about it until after the holidays. December is the worst time of the year for his job and he gets very stressed so he didn't want to have to think about anything else. I totally understood so I stayed away from that subject as much as I could.

So here's a list of what we've accomplished and are in the middle of accomplishing!

(I did get my dress a few months ago and it should arrive by the end of next month)

We figured out what Jason and all the boys are wearing! Jason and I were grocery shopping and while at the checkout I turned and saw a bridal magazine with the perfect outfit for him! The girl on the cover was wearing the exact same color white as my dress and together they looked amazing!

Heidi was at Macy's the other day and found the exact same tie for his suit so she bought it... now we just need to get him the suit. But that's the easy part since we know exactly what we want. We are going to match up the groomsmen and the Dad's to the same colors.

I also found the flower girl dresses, they will also tie in with all of us. It's funny how 6 months ago I couldn't imagine the color scheme, attire, etc. Now it's all a perfect picture in my head... I love how it's all coming together.

We asked my brother to be an usher and we are also asking one of Jason's closest friends too... they will also wear matching suits. We wanted both of them to be apart of the wedding and this worked out perfectly. We figure with so many people coming to the wedding it would be nice to have ushers to help seat and organize the group of people so no one would be confused. We aren't having split sides to the seating so we want everyone to mix on both sides but we will have some reserve seating, etc.

We met with the baker yesterday and ordered our cake! I still have to go back and finalize the outer decor but the deposit is in and the flavors are picked.

Marsha wrote a wonderful letter for all the guests about all the pre-wedding activities and the wedding itself. She's sending those out this week.

We are meeting with the caterer next week to finalize the menu and rentals.

I started on the invitations... I have some of the wording down and I think we know kind of how we want it to look. A friend who is going to help design them, is temperately out of commission... so I'm just on hold with that for now. I'm not sure if she'll still be able to help us or if we have to use someone else.

And we've finally started working on the music list. Jason worked for a few hours yesterday, downloading some songs we're pretty sure the DJ doesn't have. We know the very last song of the night! But we have much much more to do... we still haven't picked out "our" song yet... it's so hard!

I'm getting my trial hairdo done next month... it's so great that my hairdresser is also my mom and Heidi's hairdresser so she'll be able to come out to the site and do all our hair and then of course stay for the wedding! She's friends with a lot of us so it really worked out perfectly.

We just need to decide on a photographer, and if we want a videographer, and the invitations... that's about it!

Phew! So much work but it's so fun!

Here's a few pics from New Year's Eve... we had a few people over for appetizers and drinks... it ended up being a great night!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm going to have to buy a new suit, eh?

*sigh*

~~Daws

Anonymous said...

LOL at the pics! Everything sounds fabulous, sweetie.

Love,
Mom (and keep blogging! I love it!)

Kela said...

Hey! Congratulations on all you've accomplished! I CAN'T wait!

Who is your flower girl?

Ryan and I had a hard time picking our song too! Its so tough, but I'm sure you'll pick a wonderful one!

Looks like a fun/mellow New Years!

HAPPY 2008!!!